A local driver was put to shame today after failing the annual safety inspection on her family car. Helen, whose father is a mechanic and whose mother was recently certified to do state safety inspections in her home town, was very surprised to hear that her car had failed.
“Last year I expected the car to fail but it went very smoothly and passed with no problems,” Helen said. “Given the ease of last year I fully expected to pass once again with flying colors, but it was just not meant to be.”
Helen’s 2001 Ford Taurus reportedly failed the inspection due to a worn front passenger tire and a small tear in one of the windshield wiper blades.
“I had no idea that my tire was worn or that there was a tear in the wiper blade,” said Helen. “I paid for part of the inspection and got an estimate on new tires from the shop and was told I had two weeks to fix it all and bring it back.”
After loading her three children in the car and driving away Helen noticed a new sticker had been placed on the windshield of her car, but it wasn’t a nice completed inspection sticker, it was a rejection sticker.
“Last year I expected the car to fail but it went very smoothly and passed with no problems,” Helen said. “Given the ease of last year I fully expected to pass once again with flying colors, but it was just not meant to be.”
Helen’s 2001 Ford Taurus reportedly failed the inspection due to a worn front passenger tire and a small tear in one of the windshield wiper blades.
“I had no idea that my tire was worn or that there was a tear in the wiper blade,” said Helen. “I paid for part of the inspection and got an estimate on new tires from the shop and was told I had two weeks to fix it all and bring it back.”
After loading her three children in the car and driving away Helen noticed a new sticker had been placed on the windshield of her car, but it wasn’t a nice completed inspection sticker, it was a rejection sticker.
“It wasn’t until I was driving down the road that I finally saw the sticker.” Helen says, “I busted up laughing. I didn’t think it was funny, necessarily, it was just so shocking to see a big black and white rejection sticker on my windshield that all I could do was laugh.”Helen says she is now very self-conscious about driving her car because of the rejection sticker.
“The word on the sticker may be ‘REJECTION,’ but when I look at that sticker I read ‘This car really sucks!’” Helen laughs.
8 comments:
Thank heavens we are not our stickers :)
They aren't pink anymore? When we first moved here, our car (which always passed safety in UT) failed and we got a lovely pink rejection sticker. Our air bag light was on and we had to pay almost $500 to have the light replaced (it was in a "tricky location") and then we passed. Silly VA laws...I'm glad yours isn't flaming pink :-)
I don't know, April, I'm thinking I might have liked the pink better. It seems like a more friendly color!
Just for the record, my dad and mom do not give out big fat REJECTION stickers when they do inspections. They apparently have a little more faith in people out in UT and trust that they understand that they failed!
That is funny! We don't even do such things in the backwards state I call home. It is sort of nice (well really nice when I see that sticker!). tee hee
Ha! I have actually never even heard of someone failing. Our family cars back in Utah were awful. But, we found this place where they would pretty much pass anything so we always went there. I wouldn't have minded if they would have failed it because then maybe my parents would have let me stop driving our 13 passenger van around. Trust me, your car is much better then that van!
Haha... oh memories. This happened to us just before we moved. So we sold the car and called it good. Of course that was after the thing fell apart on the way home from a soccer game. Literally.
Miss you, girl! Good luck getting the rejection removed. Hee hee!
HA HA! Too bad I can't get you a t-shirt with the same sticker...or maybe I can. What's the next holiday coming up? You're birthday is too far away....
You are so good to laugh about it.
Post a Comment